Our Commitment to You
Diamond’s Statement on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Notice: We will continue to update this page as the situation around COVID-19 evolves and additional information becomes available.
Updated: September 18, 2020
As the situation around the new coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, the safety and wellbeing of our members, owners, guests and team members remains our top priority. We are closely following government instructions and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and local health officials. As such, we have temporarily adjusted our cancellation policies and with keeping everyone’s health in mind, we have temporarily closed several resorts.
Following orders from local governments and as a precaution to protect the health of our members, owners, guests and team members, we have temporarily closed resorts in the following states and/or countries of North America (click to view):
- Marquis Villas Resort in Palm Springs, California, through September 30, 2020
- Alhambra Villas in Kissimmee, Florida, through October 29, 2020
At this time, our Hawaiian resorts remain closed. We are monitoring updates from the Governor of Hawaii closely to provide you with the latest updates as soon as they are announced.
We are eager to book your island vacation and assure you that you will be the first to know when the properties have begun accepting new arrivals. Stay tuned for further updates, coming soon.
- Ka’anapali Beach Club in Maui, Hawaii, through October 14, 2020
- The Modern Honolulu in Oahu, Hawaii, through October 14, 2020
- The Point at Poipu in Kauai, Hawaii, through October 14, 2020
- Royal Kona Resort in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, through October 14, 2020
- Royal Lahaina Resort in Maui, Hawaii, through October 14, 2020
Additionally, we are following local government guidelines and have temporarily closed a few of our European resorts. Review the list below for information about reopening dates in the following countries (click to view):
- Alpine Club in Schladming, Austria, reopened July 22, 2020
- Balkan Jewel in Area Betolovoto, Razlog, Bulgaria, reopened July 25, 2020
- Le Club Mougins in Mougins, France, reopened July 13, 2020
- Royal Regency is closed until further notice
- Village Heights Golf Resorts in Crete, reopening spring 2021*
Additional re-opening dates for the remaining Greek resorts to be confirmed.
- Palazzo Catalani in Viterbo, Italy, reopened August 1, 2020
- Diamond Suites on Malta in St Julian's, Malta, will be closed from August 29, 2020**
- Vilar do Golf in Quinta Do Lago, Portugal, reopened June 10, 2020
- Club del Carmen in Lanzarote, reopened July 29, 2020
- Jardines del Sol in Lanzarote, will be closed from August 18, 2020**
- Los Amigos Beach Club in Costa del Sol, Spain, reopened July 3, 2020
- Royal Oasis Club at Pueblo Quinta in Costa del Sol, Spain, will be closed from August 18, 2020**
- Royal Sunset Beach Club in Tenerife, reopened July 13, 2020
- Royal Tenerife Country Club in Tenerife, will be closed from August 18, 2020**
- Sahara Sunset in Costa del Sol, Spain, reopened July 3, 2020
- Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club in Tenerife, reopened July 13, 2020
- Sunset Bay Club in Tenerife, reopened July 13, 2020
- Sunset Harbour Club in Tenerife, will be closed from August 7, 2020**
- Sunset View Club in Tenerife, will be closed from August 6, 2020**
- White Sands Beach Club in Menorca will be closed from October 12, 2020 (2021 re-opening date to be confirmed)
- Cala Blanca in Mogán, Gran Canaria, will remain closed until further notice
- Cromer Country Club in Norfolk, England, reopened July 4, 2020
- Kenmore Club in Perthshire, Scotland, reopened July 15, 2020
- Narrowboats in various locations throughout England, reopened July 4, 2020
- Pine Lake Resort in Lancashire, England, reopened July 4, 2020
- Thurnham Hall in Lancashire, England, reopened July 4, 2020
- Woodford Bridge in Devon, England, reopened July 4, 2020
- Wychnor Park in Staffordshire, England, reopened July 4, 2020
*Date to be confirmed.
**These resorts will be closed until October 22, 2020.
We will continue to evaluate these reopening dates as they near.
Reservation Options in North America
Diamond Resorts understands that these uncertain times call for additional flexibility, and we continue to take steps to offer you options with your membership.
Effective September 2, 2020, members scheduled to arrive at any Diamond Resorts managed property in North America after September 1 can cancel any reservation up to the date of arrival without penalty due to any local, state or federal mandated closures. We will continue to evaluate this policy and adjust as necessary as the situation evolves. If a reservation is canceled due to the criteria outlined here, all points used at booking will be released back to the member’s account.
Reservation Options for the European Collection
At this time, we are assessing the travel climate in Europe to determine the best way to adjust our cancellation policy for our European members. Currently, our cancellation policy permits European members to cancel any reservation at a European Diamond Resorts managed property up to 15 days prior to arrival without any penalties. For reservations canceled within the time frame outlined here, all points used at booking will be released back to the member’s account.
If you have questions about your upcoming reservation, please contact your Club Member Services team for assistance.
While we are dedicated to assisting all members, owners and guests as quickly as possible, all of our call centers are experiencing unusually long hold times.
Guests who booked through an online travel agent or other third party, such as Booking.com, should contact their booking provider for information on their policies and for assistance.
As part of our Diamond Standard of Clean practices, all Diamond team members will be required to wear face coverings while working in public areas. Signs will be posted encouraging guests to wear face coverings and practice social distancing by remaining at least six feet away from other groups.
Additionally, we will be following local government mandates in areas that require the use of face coverings by guests in all public spaces (with certain exceptions), including:
- Caifornia (Statewide)
- Hawaii (Statewide; Company enforcement required)
- Indiana (Statewide)
- New Mexico
- Nevada (Statewide)
- North Carolina (Statewide; Company enforcement required)
- Virginia (Statewide)
- Cave Creek
- Coconino County
- Maricopa County
- Pima County
- Scottsdale (Company enforcement required)
- Palm Springs (Company enforcement required)
- Daytona Beach
- Miami Beach
- Osceola County
- Orange County
- Branson (Company enforcement required)
- Santa Fe
We are closely following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), and are taking precautions to protect the health and well-being of everyone at our resorts, including:
- Undergoing enhanced cleanings at the resorts, with a special focus on public areas and the accommodations
- Increasing the frequency of cleanings, especially on frequently touched surfaces, such as doors, counter tops and furniture
- Providing additional trainings for team members on washing and sanitation techniques
- Using recommended disinfectant cleaning wipes at the check-in areas
- Offering additional hand sanitizing gels around the resorts
Read more about our updated Diamond Standard of Clean protocols at: https://www.diamondresorts.com/diamond-standard-clean
You can find updated information about COVID-19 and travel guidance on the CDC’s website at: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/.
The CDC’s guidance on cruise ship travel can be found here: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/warning/coronavirus-cruise-ship
At Diamond Resorts, we take pride in providing exceptional vacation experiences to everyone. Our teams are available to answer any questions.
Thank you for your trust and support, and we look forward to welcoming you home soon.
The Club Members:
- US: 877.287.2218
- EU/UK: 0800 358 6995
- US: 1.800.463.7256
- EU/UK: 0345 359 0005
Diamond Resorts and Hotels Guests:
- US: 1.800.438.2929
- EU/UK: 0800 358 6991