Our Commitment to You
Diamond’s Statement on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Notice: We will continue to update this page as the situation around COVID-19 evolves and additional information becomes available.
Updated: May 13, 2021
As the situation around the new coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, the safety and wellbeing of our members, owners, guests and team members remains our top priority. We are closely following government instructions and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and local health officials. As such, we have temporarily adjusted our cancellation policies and with keeping everyone’s health in mind, we have temporarily closed several resorts.
Government regulations surrounding COVID-19 change frequently. While we strive to provide the latest information to our guests, it is each individual’s responsibility to comply with such regulations, including any quarantine or travel restrictions. Before travel, please check and ensure you understand the regulations applicable to you based on your location, destination and party.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
We know our members, owners and guests are ready to get back to taking your much-deserved vacations, and getting the COVID-19 vaccination may give you the extra peace of mind you need to get started. Find out if you are eligible to receive the vaccine by visiting your local health department’s website or the CDC Website.
For additional local resources, visit the following websites (click to open):
- United States
Important Travel Protocols
Travelers Entering the U.S.
Effective January 26, 2021, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will require all air passengers entering the U.S. to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test or documentation that they have recovered from COVID-19. This order applies to all air passengers, 2 years of age or older, traveling into the U.S., including U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents.
Air passengers are required to receive a NAAT or antigen test within 72 hours of their flight to the U.S. and provide written documentation of a negative test result (paper or electronic copy) to their airline, or provide documentation of having recovered from COVID-19. If a passenger does not provide documentation of a negative COVID-19 test or recovery, the airline must deny the passenger from boarding. Please review your travel plans at your earliest convenience to ensure your airline receives proper documentation.
For more information about this order please refer to the CDC's website.
Additional information about specific destinations and their current COVID-19 testing protocols is below (click to expand).
All travelers MUST obtain a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours prior to flying to Hawaii. Only FDA-approved nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs) processed by a CLIA-certified laboratory will be accepted. All adults (18 years and older) must register on the state of Hawaii Safe Travels digital system. You will be required to upload your negative pre-travel test result and answer a health questionnaire 24-hours prior to your departure.
A negative COVID-19 test result prior to departure for Hawaii is REQUIRED to avoid the 10-day self-quarantine. Upon arrival at the airport, all travelers will undergo a temperature check and complete an online Safe Travels form.
If you plan on flying to another island during your Hawaiian vacation, the mandatory 10-day quarantine period remains in effect for all inter-island travelers, except for traveling to the Island of Oahu from another Hawaiian island. Guests may be subject to temperature checks (by handheld device and/or non-invasive heat camera) upon entering and exiting the resort. Any guest showing symptoms may be required to follow local health department protocols, including, but not limited to, mandatory quarantine. Because travel restrictions may change in Hawaii, please be sure to frequently visit the Hawaii State Department of Health website for the most up-to-date information and list of trusted NAAT testing partners.
As you plan your next trip, you should be aware of the government-mandated travel restrictions currently in place for all visitors to St. Maarten:
- Prior to your arrival, the government requires a PCR test for all travelers age 11 and older to be completed 120 hours (5 days) in advance of your arrival to the island. Please note, if there are any delays in your flight that result in your test being outside of the 120-hour window, you will not be allowed to board the flight, or disembark the aircraft in St. Maarten if you were already on the flight. It is therefore recommended to plan for at least 24 hours leeway regarding the timing of your PCR test.
- Prior to traveling to St. Maarten, you will be required to complete an online Immigration Health Certificate and upload a copy of your COVID-19 test results. You will then receive an e-mail notification telling you whether your application has been accepted and if you are cleared for travel. Please refer to the following website for complete details: www.stmaartenehas.com.
- Upon checking in at the airport, the desk agent will ask you to provide your Immigration Health Certificate and COVID-19 test results documents. All passengers will be subject to temperature checks and other screening protocols.
- Travelers, for 14 consecutive days, are required to conduct self-monitoring of body temperature and possible flu like symptoms. Travelers will receive an automated daily email alert providing a link for submitting the required information online. If you are visiting for less than 14 days, you will have to submit information for the duration of your stay on the island.
Because entry requirements may be subject to change, we encourage you to please visit www.sintmaartengov.org/coronavirus for the latest information and guidelines for travelers.
Cabo Azul Resort:
Rapid antigen testing is available on-site, by appointment only, Monday to Saturday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Guests must contact the Front Desk to schedule their appointment. The test costs $40 USD per person ($845.26 pesos). Guests with positive results will be notified within a 4-hour time frame and must follow the resort’s quarantine procedures. Guests with negative results will be informed within 24-hours and can receive a printed document upon checkout.
Sea of Cortez Beach Club:
As most foreign visitors fly into and out of Hermosillo there currently is no COVID-19 testing at the airport. Antigen COVID-19 rapid tests are available at Laboratorio Ramos in Guaymas, which is approximately 18 miles from the resort, or about a 30-minute drive. Results are provided on the same day. The test costs $80 USD per person ($1,500 pesos). Payment can be made by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or cash (pesos only). Lab hours are Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m.; Saturday, 6:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Appointments are not required. The lab recommends that the best times to take the antigen tests are between 6:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. or 3:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. The front desk will provide lab information such as a phone number and driving directions; as well as offer any translation assistance that may be needed.
Click here for test sites and costs.
In addition to the above protocols, you will notice a number of additional changes in accordance with our expanded Diamond Standard of Clean Protocols designed to keep you safe. For more information about our Diamond Standard of Clean protocols please visit https://www.diamondresorts.com/diamond-standard-clean.
We have closed the following European resorts, following local government guidance:
- Alpine Club in Schladming, Austria, is scheduled to reopen on June 28, 2021*
- Balkan Jewel in Area Betolovoto, Razlog, Bulgaria, is open
- Le Club Mougins in Mougins, France, is scheduled to reopen on June 28, 2021*
- Royal Regency in Paris, is scheduled to reopen on June 28, 2021*
- Village Heights Golf Resorts in Crete, reopening spring 2021*
Additional re-opening dates for the remaining Greek resorts to be confirmed.
- Dangan Lodge Cottages in Ireland is scheduled to reopen on June 4, 2021*
- East Clare Golf Village in Ireland is scheduled to reopen on June 4, 2021*
- Palazzo Catalani in Viterbo, Italy, is scheduled to reopen on June 28, 2021*
- Palazzo at Soriano in Viterbo, Italy, is scheduled to reopen on June 28, 2021*
- Diamond Suites on Malta in St Julian's, Malta, is scheduled to reopen on July 1, 2021*
- Vilar do Golf in Quinta Do Lago, Portugal, is open
- Cala Blanca in Mogán, Gran Canaria, is scheduled to reopen on July 19, 2021*
- Club del Carmen in Lanzarote, is scheduled to reopen on June 15, 2021*
- Jardines del Sol in Lanzarote, is scheduled to reopen on May 25, 2021*
- Los Amigos Beach Club in Costa del Sol, Spain, is scheduled to reopen on June 15, 2021*
- Royal Oasis Club at Pueblo Quinta in Costa del Sol, Spain, is scheduled to reopen June 15, 2021*
- Royal Sunset Beach Club in Tenerife, is open
- Royal Tenerife Country Club in Tenerife, is scheduled to reopen on June 28, 2021*
- Sahara Sunset in Costa del Sol, Spain, is open
- Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club in Tenerife, is open
- Sunset Bay Club in Tenerife, is scheduled to reopen on May 25, 2021*
- Sunset Harbour Club in Tenerife, is scheduled to reopen on June 15, 2021*
- Sunset View Club in Tenerife, is scheduled to reopen on June 15, 2021*
- White Sands Beach Club in Menorca, is scheduled to reopen on June 15, 2021*
- Burnside Park in Cumbria, England, is open
- Cromer Country Club in Norfolk, England, is open
- Kenmore Club in Perthshire, Scotland, is open
- Narrowboats in various locations throughout England are open
- Pine Lake Resort in Lancashire, England, is open
- Thurnham Hall in Lancashire, England, is open
- Woodford Bridge in Devon, England, is open
- Wychnor Park in Staffordshire, England, is open
*Please be advised that these dates are subject to change.
Reservation Options in North America
Diamond Resorts understands that these uncertain times call for additional flexibility, and we continue to take steps to offer you options with your membership.
Effective September 2, 2020, members scheduled to arrive at any Diamond Resorts managed property in North America after September 1 can cancel any reservation up to the date of arrival without penalty due to any local, state or federal mandated closures. We will continue to evaluate this policy and adjust as necessary as the situation evolves. If a reservation is canceled due to the criteria outlined here, all points used at booking will be released back to the member’s account.
Reservation Options for the European Collection
At this time, we are assessing the travel climate in Europe to determine the best way to adjust our cancellation policy for our European members. Currently, our cancellation policy permits European members to cancel any reservation at a European Diamond Resorts managed property up to 15 days prior to arrival without any penalties. For reservations canceled within the time frame outlined here, all points used at booking will be released back to the member’s account.
If you have questions about your upcoming reservation, please contact your Club Member Services team for assistance.
While we are dedicated to assisting all members, owners and guests as quickly as possible, all of our call centers are experiencing unusually long hold times.
Guests who booked through an online travel agent or other third party, such as Booking.com, should contact their booking provider for information on their policies and for assistance.
As part of our Diamond Standard of Clean practices, all Diamond team members will be required to wear face coverings while working in public areas. Signs will be posted encouraging guests to wear face coverings and practice social distancing by remaining at least six feet away from other groups.
Additionally, we will be following local government mandates in areas that require the use of face coverings by guests in all public spaces (with certain exceptions), including:
- California (Statewide)
- Hawaii (Statewide; Company enforcement required)
- Indiana (Statewide)
- New Mexico
- Nevada (Statewide)
- North Carolina (Statewide; Company enforcement required)
- Virginia (Statewide)
- Cave Creek
- Coconino County
- Maricopa County
- Pima County
- Scottsdale (Company enforcement required)
- Palm Springs (Company enforcement required)
- Daytona Beach
- Miami Beach
- Osceola County
- Orange County
- Branson (Company enforcement required)
- Santa Fe
- Sevier County
- British Columbia
We are closely following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), and are taking precautions to protect the health and well-being of everyone at our resorts, including:
- Undergoing enhanced cleanings at the resorts, with a special focus on public areas and the accommodations
- Increasing the frequency of cleanings, especially on frequently touched surfaces, such as doors, counter tops and furniture
- Providing additional trainings for team members on washing and sanitation techniques
- Using recommended disinfectant cleaning wipes at the check-in areas
- Offering additional hand sanitizing gels around the resorts
Read more about our updated Diamond Standard of Clean protocols at: https://www.diamondresorts.com/diamond-standard-clean
You can find updated information about COVID-19 and travel guidance on the CDC’s website at: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/.
The CDC’s guidance on cruise ship travel can be found here: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/warning/coronavirus-cruise-ship
At Diamond Resorts, we take pride in providing exceptional vacation experiences to everyone. Our teams are available to answer any questions.
Thank you for your trust and support, and we look forward to welcoming you home soon.
The Club Members:
- US: 877.287.2218
- EU/UK: 0800 358 6995
- US: 1.800.463.7256
- EU/UK: 0345 359 0005
Diamond Resorts and Hotels Guests:
- US: 1.800.438.2929
- EU/UK: 0800 358 6991