Our Commitment to You
Diamond’s Statement on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Notice: We will continue to update this page as the situation around COVID-19 evolves and additional information becomes available.
Updated: November 29, 2020
As the situation around the new coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, the safety and wellbeing of our members, owners, guests and team members remains our top priority. We are closely following government instructions and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and local health officials. As such, we have temporarily adjusted our cancellation policies and with keeping everyone’s health in mind, we have temporarily closed several resorts.
Government regulations surrounding COVID-19 change frequently. While we strive to provide the latest information to our guests, it is each individual’s responsibility to comply with such regulations, including any quarantine or travel restrictions. Before travel, please check and ensure you understand the regulations applicable to you based on your location, destination and party.
Important Hawaii Travel Protocols
All travelers MUST obtain a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours prior to flying to Hawaii. Only FDA-approved nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs) processed by a CLIA-certified laboratory will be accepted. All adults (18 years and older) must register on the state of Hawaii Safe Travels digital system. You will be required to upload your negative pre-travel test result and answer a health questionnaire 24-hours prior to your departure.
A negative COVID-19 test result prior to departure for Hawaii is REQUIRED to avoid the 14-day self-quarantine. Upon arrival at the airport, all travelers will undergo a temperature check and complete an online Safe Travels form.
If you plan on flying to another island during your Hawaiian vacation, the mandatory 14-day quarantine period remains in effect for all inter-island travelers, except for traveling to the Island of Oahu from another Hawaiian island. Guests may be subject to temperature checks (by handheld device and/or non-invasive heat camera) upon entering and exiting the resort. Any guest showing symptoms may be required to follow local health department protocols, including, but not limited to, mandatory quarantine. Because travel restrictions may change in Hawaii, please be sure to frequently visit the Hawaii State Department of Health website for the most up-to-date information and list of trusted NAAT testing partners.
Following orders from local governments, and to protect the health and safety of our members, owners, guests and team members, we have temporarily closed a few of our resorts (click to view):
- Alpine Club in Schladming, Austria, will be closed from November 3 to December 14, 2020
- Balkan Jewel in Area Betolovoto, Razlog, Bulgaria, reopened July 25, 2020
- Le Club Mougins in Mougins, France, will be closed until further notice
- Royal Regency in Paris, will be closed until further notice
- Village Heights Golf Resorts in Crete, reopening spring 2021*
Additional re-opening dates for the remaining Greek resorts to be confirmed.
- Palazzo Catalani in Viterbo, Italy, will be closed from November 2 to January 31, 2021
- Diamond Suites on Malta in St Julian's, Malta, will be closed from August 29 until December 29, 2020
- Vilar do Golf in Quinta Do Lago, Portugal, reopened June 10, 2020
- Club del Carmen in Lanzarote, will be closed from October 28, 2020 until January 7, 2021
- Jardines del Sol in Lanzarote, re-opened on October 28, 2020
- Los Amigos Beach Club in Costa del Sol, Spain, will be closed until further notice
- Royal Oasis Club at Pueblo Quinta in Costa del Sol, Spain, will be closed until further notice
- Royal Sunset Beach Club in Tenerife, reopened July 13, 2020
- Royal Tenerife Country Club in Tenerife, will be closed from August 18 until December 18, 2020
- Sahara Sunset in Costa del Sol, Spain, reopened July 3, 2020
- Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club in Tenerife, reopened July 13, 2020
- Sunset Bay Club in Tenerife, reopened July 13, 2020
- Sunset Harbour Club in Tenerife, will be closed from August 7 until December 18, 2020
- Sunset View Club in Tenerife, will be closed from August 6 until January 14, 2021
- White Sands Beach Club in Menorca will be closed from October 12, 2020 (2021 re-opening date to be confirmed)
- Cala Blanca in Mogán, Gran Canaria, will remain closed until further notice
- Cromer Country Club in Norfolk, England, will be closed from November 5 to December 2, 2020
- Kenmore Club in Perthshire, Scotland, will be closed from November 6 to December 13, 2020
- Pine Lake Resort in Lancashire, England, will be closed from November 5 to December 16, 2020
- Thurnham Hall in Lancashire, England, will be closed from November 5 to December 16, 2020
- Woodford Bridge in Devon, England, will be closed from November 5 to December 2, 2020
- Wychnor Park in Staffordshire, England, will be closed from November 5 to December 16, 2020
*Date to be confirmed.
We will continue to evaluate these reopening dates as they near.
Reservation Options in North America
Diamond Resorts understands that these uncertain times call for additional flexibility, and we continue to take steps to offer you options with your membership.
Effective September 2, 2020, members scheduled to arrive at any Diamond Resorts managed property in North America after September 1 can cancel any reservation up to the date of arrival without penalty due to any local, state or federal mandated closures. We will continue to evaluate this policy and adjust as necessary as the situation evolves. If a reservation is canceled due to the criteria outlined here, all points used at booking will be released back to the member’s account.
Reservation Options for the European Collection
At this time, we are assessing the travel climate in Europe to determine the best way to adjust our cancellation policy for our European members. Currently, our cancellation policy permits European members to cancel any reservation at a European Diamond Resorts managed property up to 15 days prior to arrival without any penalties. For reservations canceled within the time frame outlined here, all points used at booking will be released back to the member’s account.
If you have questions about your upcoming reservation, please contact your Club Member Services team for assistance.
While we are dedicated to assisting all members, owners and guests as quickly as possible, all of our call centers are experiencing unusually long hold times.
Guests who booked through an online travel agent or other third party, such as Booking.com, should contact their booking provider for information on their policies and for assistance.
As part of our Diamond Standard of Clean practices, all Diamond team members will be required to wear face coverings while working in public areas. Signs will be posted encouraging guests to wear face coverings and practice social distancing by remaining at least six feet away from other groups.
Additionally, we will be following local government mandates in areas that require the use of face coverings by guests in all public spaces (with certain exceptions), including:
- Caifornia (Statewide)
- Hawaii (Statewide; Company enforcement required)
- Indiana (Statewide)
- New Mexico
- Nevada (Statewide)
- North Carolina (Statewide; Company enforcement required)
- Virginia (Statewide)
- Cave Creek
- Coconino County
- Maricopa County
- Pima County
- Scottsdale (Company enforcement required)
- Palm Springs (Company enforcement required)
- Daytona Beach
- Miami Beach
- Osceola County
- Orange County
- Branson (Company enforcement required)
- Santa Fe
We are closely following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), and are taking precautions to protect the health and well-being of everyone at our resorts, including:
- Undergoing enhanced cleanings at the resorts, with a special focus on public areas and the accommodations
- Increasing the frequency of cleanings, especially on frequently touched surfaces, such as doors, counter tops and furniture
- Providing additional trainings for team members on washing and sanitation techniques
- Using recommended disinfectant cleaning wipes at the check-in areas
- Offering additional hand sanitizing gels around the resorts
Read more about our updated Diamond Standard of Clean protocols at: https://www.diamondresorts.com/diamond-standard-clean
You can find updated information about COVID-19 and travel guidance on the CDC’s website at: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/.
The CDC’s guidance on cruise ship travel can be found here: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/warning/coronavirus-cruise-ship
At Diamond Resorts, we take pride in providing exceptional vacation experiences to everyone. Our teams are available to answer any questions.
Thank you for your trust and support, and we look forward to welcoming you home soon.
The Club Members:
- US: 877.287.2218
- EU/UK: 0800 358 6995
- US: 1.800.463.7256
- EU/UK: 0345 359 0005
Diamond Resorts and Hotels Guests:
- US: 1.800.438.2929
- EU/UK: 0800 358 6991