Our Commitment to You
Diamond’s Statement on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Notice: We will continue to update this page as the situation around COVID-19 evolves and additional information becomes available.
Updated: May 22, 2020
As the situation around the new coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, the safety and wellbeing of our members, owners, guests and team members remains our top priority. We are closely following government instructions and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and local health officials. As such, we have temporarily adjusted our cancellation policies and with keeping everyone’s health in mind, we have temporarily closed several resorts.
Following orders from local governments and as a precaution to protect the health of our members, owners, guests and team members, we have temporarily closed resorts in the following states and/or countries of North America (click to view):
- Desert Isle of Palm Springs in Palm Springs, California, through June 19, 2020
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort in South Lake Tahoe, California, through May 31, 2020
- Marquis Villas Resort in Palm Springs, California, through June 30, 2020
- Palm Canyon Resort in Palm Springs, California, through June 19, 2020
- Riviera Beach Resort in Capistrano Beach, California, through May 31, 2020
- Riviera Oaks Resort & Racquet Club in Ramona, California, through May 31, 2020
- Riviera Shores Resort in Capistrano Beach, California, through May 31, 2020
- San Luis Bay Inn in Avila Beach, California, through May 31, 2020
- Tahoe Beach and Ski Resort in South Lake Tahoe, California, through June 15, 2020
- Tahoe Seasons Resort in South Lake Tahoe, California, through June 15, 2020
- Alhambra Villas in Kissimmee, Florida, through June 25, 2020
- Barefoot’n Resort in Kissimmee, Florida, through June 25, 2020
- Crescent Resort on South Beach in Miami Beach, Florida, through June 25, 2020
- Liki Tiki Village in Winter Garden, Florida, through June 11, 2020
- Parkway International Resort in Kissimmee, Florida, through June 25, 2020
- Polynesian Isles Resort in Kissimmee, Florida, through June 25, 2020
- Ka’anapali Beach Club in Maui, Hawaii, through June 30, 2020
- The Modern Honolulu in Oahu, Hawaii, through June 30, 2020
- The Point at Poipu in Kauai, Hawaii, through June 30, 2020
- Royal Kona Resort in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, through June 30, 2020
- Royal Lahaina Resort in Maui, Hawaii, through June 30, 2020
- Cabo Azul Resort in San José del Cabo, Mexico, through June 15, 2020
- Sea of Cortez Beach Club in San Carlos, Mexico, through May 31, 2020
- Polo Towers in Las Vegas, Nevada, through June 4, 2020
- Fairway Forest Resort in Sapphire, North Carolina, through May 28, 2020
Additionally, many governments across Europe have ordered strict lockdowns and in the interest of protecting everyone, we are temporarily closing all of our resorts in the following countries:
- Austria through July 3, 2020
- France through July 9, 2020
- Greece through June 30, 2020
- Italy through July 2, 2020
- Malta through June 11, 2020
- Portugal through June 9, 2020
- Spain (including Canary Islands) through June 7, 2020
- United Kingdom through July 4, 2020
Many businesses and tourist destinations in Canada and the United States have closed, and in following guidance from Health Canada and the CDC, Embarc Resorts has also temporarily closed:
- Embarc Palm Desert through June 19, 2020
- Embarc Panorama through May 31, 2020
- Embarc Tremblant through May 31, 2020
- Embarc Ucluelet through May 31, 2020
- Embarc Zihuatanejo through May 31, 2020
- The Villas at Zihuatanejo through May 31, 2020
We will continue to evaluate these reopening dates as they near.
We are closely following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), and are taking precautions to protect the health and well-being of everyone at our resorts, including:
- Undergoing enhanced cleanings at the resorts, with a special focus on public areas and the accommodations
- Increasing the frequency of cleanings, especially on frequently touched surfaces, such as doors, counter tops and furniture
- Providing additional trainings for team members on washing and sanitation techniques
- Using recommended disinfectant cleaning wipes at the check-in areas
- Offering additional hand sanitizing gels around the resorts
We have temporarily adjusted our cancellation policies to waive all fees and penalties for members, owners and guests scheduled to arrive at any Diamond Resorts managed property before May 22, 2020, up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
Additionally, we understand the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted many of our Club members and are temporarily adjusting The Club cancellation policy to provide members the ability to cancel reservations at any Diamond Resorts managed property up to 15 days before their scheduled arrival without penalty through September 1, 2020. We will continue to evaluate this policy and adjust as necessary as the situation evolves. If Members choose to cancel a reservation, your points will be released back to your account.
While we are dedicated to assisting all members, owners and guests as quickly as possible, all of our call centers are experiencing unusually long hold times.
Guests who booked through an online travel agent or other third party, such as Booking.com, should contact their booking provider for information on their policies and for assistance.
If you have questions about a reservation for after May 22, 2020, we recommend calling back closer to your arrival date.
Following guidance from health officials, we are rescheduling an Events of a Lifetime® member cruise and have postponed several Diamond Live shows to protect our artists, members and guests.
You can find updated information about COVID-19 and travel guidance on the CDC’s website at: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/.
The CDC’s guidance on cruise ship travel can be found here: www.cdc.gov/travel/page/covid-19-cruise-ship.
At Diamond Resorts, we take pride in providing exceptional vacation experiences to everyone. Our teams are available to answer any questions.
Thank you for your trust and support, and we look forward to welcoming you home soon.
The Club Members:
- US: 877.287.2218
- EU/UK: 0800 358 6995
- US: 1.800.463.7256
- EU/UK: 0345 359 0005
Diamond Resorts and Hotels Guests:
- US: 1.800.438.2929
- EU/UK: 0800 358 6991