Norwegian Epic Europe/Mediterranean 7-Night Cruise
Port of Rome, Civitavecchia, 00053, Rome
Day 1 – Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy (Embark)
Depart: 7:00 p.m.
Known as the "Eternal City" Rome is one of the most visited cities on the planet. Gaze in admiration the masterpieces of the Vatican, walk into the past with visits to ancient relics, historic monuments and legendary museum, or enjoy the scenes of Rome and people-watch at quaint cafe.
Day 2 – Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy
Arrive: 7:00 a.m. - Depart: 7:00 p.m.
The Tuscan region, Florence & Pisa, is known for being one of the founding cities for art and history. View the awe inspiring Santa Croce, Piazza del Duomo and Michelangelo's David. Explore Florence’s historic treasures, stop in Pisa for a once- in a-lifetime view of the famous Leaning Tower.
Day 3 – Cannes, France
Arrive: 8:00 a.m. - Depart: 6:00 p.m.
Cannes is the French Riviera at its best and well known as where the International Film Festival calls home. Walk the palm-lined promenade de la Croisette and count how many of the rich and famous you might see. The town of Cannes lives up to its motto, “Life is a Festival.”
Day 4 – Palma, Majorca, Spain
Arrive: 1:00 p.m. - Depart: 8:00 p.m.
Founded by the Romans 2,100 years ago, Palma is a historical and architectural splendor. Journey back in time and explore the mazes of alleyways and cobblestone paths that surround the Mallorcan Gothic cathedral. Palma is vibrant with life; take in the staggering array of culinary treats in the towns best restaurants, view the artisans at work manufacturing the famous Mallorcan pearl jewelry and discover Palma’s vibrant art scene.
Day 5 – Barcelona, Spain
Arrive: 5:00 a.m. - Depart: 6:00 p.m.
The capital of Catalonia, Barcelona is a place of profound history and beauty. Spend your time in Barcelona making memories, strolling down the medieval streets of the Barri Gotic. Visit ethereal Modernista churches like Gaudi's La Sagrada Familia, or give in to your indulgence and enjoy Patatas Bravas or a passion fruit mojito at a street side café. Be sure to visit Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya housing the most comprehensive collection of Roman and Catalan art.
Day 6 – At Sea
Day 7 – Naples, Italy
Arrive: 7:00 a.m. - Depart: 7:00 p.m.
Explore Naples' grand piazzas, cathedrals and castles that will make you feel as if you traveled back in time. Visit the well-preserved ruins of Pompeii or experience the flavors of Sorrento. Naples is known for its many historic statues and monuments. Be sure to visit the Open-Air-Museum or enjoy a leisure stroll on promenade as the sun sets on the Bay of Naples.
Day 8 – Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy (Disembark)
Arrive: 6:00 a.m.
2020 Departure Dates:
- October 7, 2020
- October 28, 2020
- The above itinerary may alter and arrive at the above ports on different days throughout the sailing.
- Arrival and departure hours per the local port timings and are subject to change.
- The points value for this cruise is defined in the Member Directory/Points Chart in the Member Information Area. Points price is per cabin and does not include port taxes and fees which are to be paid in cash. There is no processing fee charged in relation to any cruise points reservations.
- Please note that any additional cash fees paid to the cruise line as part of booking your cabin are not eligible for member benefits reimbursement. This includes but is not limited to, accommodation upgrades fees, additional passengers and shore excursions.
- To check availability or book your cruise, please either log in to your membership or call your dedicated member services team.
- Airfare and travel not specifically mentioned are not included.
Experiences and Nearby Activities
Onsite Amenities and Activities
Guest Accommodation Information
Cabin upgrades may be available for an additional cost once your cruise reservation is confirmed.
Some cabins have the capability to sleep up to 4 passengers. Additional passengers may be accommodated by Norwegian Cruise Line; however, the 3rd and 4th passengers are an additional charge, once the points booking is confirmed. Any additional passengers cannot be paid for with points.
We offer Balcony cabins only for this cruise itinerary. You may upgrade your cabin directly through our dedicated cruise team. While your initial booking is transacted in points, all additional fees/upgrade charges charged by Norwegian Cruise Line are required to be paid in cash.
*Staterooms may vary in size, layout and design.
|Maximum Occupancy: 2|
|Private Occupancy: 2|
Maps, Directions & GPS
Driving: Please use the Google Maps link above.
Airport: Leonardo Da Vinci International Airport
Distance to Resort: The airport is around 45 miles from the cruise port (approximately one hour by car).
Services & Amenities
Your cruise fare includes accommodations, on-board activities and entertainment, all meals including room service, plus the luxury of waking up in a new port of call nearly every day. Once your cruise is confirmed, the point’s price of your cruise/cabin includes:
- Transportation to some of the most beautiful places on earth
- In-stateroom TV programing (except for on-demand movies)
- Meals in the complimentary dining venues
- Up to three main dining rooms on every ship
- 24-hour dining venue (on selected ships)
- Room service from 5 a.m. to midnight (small service fee applies between midnight and 5 a.m.)
- Up to 22 different bars and lounges
- Outdoor buffet (on selected ships)
- Pool bar and grill (on selected ships)
- Still water, tea, coffee & iced tea during meals (during breakfast certain juices are available)
- All entertainment on board unless it’s part of a dining entertainment production
- Use of outdoor pools and hot tubs
- Poolside activities
- Sports court activities and state-of-the art ocean view gym
- Access to fitness facilities
- Dedicated kids & teens (ages 3-17) programing during opening hours
- Art auctions
- Selected on-board presentations
- Phone calls on board the ship (stateroom to stateroom)
Please note: Services and amenities on your ship may vary from the details highlighted on this page.
News & Events
Choices to Make Your Mouth Water
In 2000, Norwegian Cruise Line® pioneered the alternative dining concept and in the process, revolutionized the dining experience for the cruise industry. In the decade since, they've expanded their restaurant choices on all ships to include everything from Tapas to Teppanyaki. Your selection ranges from as many as nine fantastic dining options included in your cruise fare to a savory array of specialty restaurants created for those extra-special nights out. What are you hungry for?
Morning, noon and night you'll find tempting restaurants, grills, buffets and cafés to satisfy any craving – and they are all included in your cruise fare. If it's a three-course feast you're in the mood for, we welcome you to the beautiful dining rooms that serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Maybe dining al fresco with ocean views is in order. You got it – the "endless" buffets offer indoor and outdoor seating with made-to-order omelettes and pasta dishes, fresh salads and much, much more. Plus, there are casual grills by the pool, 24-hour eateries with your favorite comfort foods, lively sports bars, kid's cafés and of course dining à la pyjamas with room service.
Complimentary Dining can be booked from 90 to 2 days before sailing. You can make dining reservations in most of our restaurants before you even set sail. Starting at 90 days prior to your sail date, visit MY NCL at ncl.com/login to reserve the dining options of your choice. Then you can relax knowing that you’ve reserved your dining – when you want, where you want. If you prefer to make your dining choices once you’re on board, that’s fine too. Visit our Restaurant Reservations Desk or look out for the digital screens around the ship offering up to the minute information on seating availability.
Every ship in the Norwegian fleet also offers true Texas-style steakhouses, gourmet French bistros, Italian trattorias and that's just the beginning. Try the exotic Asian Fusion restaurants or be entertained by the master chefs as they grill up steak, seafood or chicken and veggies at our authentic Teppanyaki grills. Some ships offer sophisticated supper clubs with dinner and dancing, Cirque Dreams® and Dinner shows with world-class acrobats and more. These specialty restaurants are optional and have a cover charge that ranges from $15 to $39.99 per guest or à la carte pricing for special menu options. Children 12 and under dine for free when ordering from the complimentary kid’s menu. Any orders placed from the regular menu will be at full cover charge.
SPECIFIC DETAILS OF DINING INFORMATION FOR THIS SHIP/ITINERARY CAN BE VIEWED WHEN YOU LOG-IN TO YOUR ONLINE RESERVATION ONCE YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR BOOKING CONFIRMATION FOR THIS SAILING.
|Restaurants & Lounges|
|Check in time: 16:00|
|Check out time: 10:00|
|You Need To Know|
Prior to checking in:
- During your reservation booking process, you will be required to pay your port fees and taxes, gratuities and cabin booking fee before securing your reservation. Approximately 60 days prior to your arrival date, if we have all your additional information and have supplied the details to the cruise line, you will receive your Norwegian Cruise Line online check-in credentials, along with all the information about your cruise.
- Prior to check-in, all guests traveling must be registered with Norwegian Cruise Line; those not included in the (2) guests paid by points must be pre-paid and pre-registered with the cruise line directly to avoid delay at embarkation.
- Disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking.
- Due to security reasons, all guests must be on board 2 hours before sailing.
- Itineraries and arrival/departure times are subject to change at any time without notice and is the responsibility of the guest to regularly check for updates by logging into your cruise reservation on www.ncl.com.
- Check your specific sailing for exact departure and arrival times. All times are local to the port and are subject to change.
- All passengers must be in possession of a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond completion of travel along with any visa requirements to enter the country where your cruise begins. It is recommended that you also take out the necessary travel insurance coverage for you and your traveling companions prior and during your travel plans in case any unforeseen emergencies occur.
- Diamond Resorts, its parents, sister companies, and subsidiaries, make no warranty, express or implied, as to the condition, capacity, performance or any other aspect of the activities, events, or service providers listed herein. No inquiry has been made into the activities or events, or the qualifications or the quality of services offered by the providers. Do not consider this an endorsement of or recommendation for any of the activities, events, or providers.
Parking and/or Transfers
Optional airport and pier transfers
Norwegian offers ground transfers between the airport and the pier and vice versa. If you’ve made your own flight arrangements to your cruise embarkation city and want to avoid the hassle of waiting for a taxi, call NCL or log in to www.ncl.com once you have your NCL confirmation number to arrange a transfer to and from the port.
Be sure to contact NCL prior to departure to verify the departure and arrival pier location for your cruise at The Port of Rome.
Accessibility Corporate Statement
Diamond Resorts is committed to providing stress-free holidays to our members, owners and guests. We take into consideration the needs of those who have a visual or hearing impairment, or a mobility access requirement.
We have an ongoing program of commitment which consists of:
- Ensuring we comply with the current accessibility legislation.
- Making appropriate enhancements (where possible) to resorts and resort plans.
- Offering a wide range of accessibility aids.
- Improving internal awareness and training.
- Offering an appointed Accessibility Ambassador in each Resort, to take care and assist our members, owners and guests with accessibility needs.
- Providing accurate information on our website, including information on access, available facilities and accessibility aids.
- Communicating with our members via regular disability forums and surveys to identify areas for improvement.
- Producing compliant literature and communicating within the same guidelines.
*Note: Please bear in mind that accessibility aids may vary from resort to resort.
We have ADA amenities available. For any guests needing assistance, or if you have any questions/comments regarding the above, please contact us at: