To contact the resort, please call 1.250.726.2557
Embarc® Ucluelet, 1971 Harbour Crescent, Ucluelet, British Columbia, Canada, V0R 3A0
Ucluelet (pronounced U-Kloo-Let) is a charming fishing village on Vancouver Island's west coast – famous for its beautiful beaches, pristine rainforests and incredible wildlife. Kayak, fish, surf, hike, explore or just relax on your private balcony overlooking the water. Whatever your itinerary, this destination is your new home by the sea. The Vacation Homes at this property are located in the Water’s Edge Resort, situated on a small island surrounded by Ucluelet Harbour. Designed in a west coast beach cottage style, the relaxing natural palette is bright, warm and cozy and all feature a water view.
This resort is only available for reservations by our Embarc® members.
Experiences and Nearby Activities
Onsite Amenities and Activities
Guest Accommodation Information
One bedroom accommodation featuring West Coast Beach Cottage style on the first or second floor with marina or inlet views, a king bed in the master, sleeper sofa in the living room, gas fireplace, balcony, full kitchen, and free Wi-Fi. For your convenience, fresh sofa bed linens and pillows are now available in the living room closet. Please contact the Resort directly in advance if you wish to have your sofa bed made prior to your arrival.
|General Room Amenities|
|Iron and Ironing Board|
|Bath and/or Shower|
|Size: 700 sq. ft.|
|Maximum Occupancy: 4|
|Private Occupancy: 2|
Two bedroom accommodation featuring West Coast Beach Cottage style on the second floor with marina or inlet views, a king and a queen bed, sleeper sofa in the living room, gas fireplace, balcony, full kitchen, and free Wi-Fi. For your convenience, fresh sofa bed linens and pillows are now available in the living room closet. Please contact the Resort directly in advance if you wish to have your sofa bed made prior to your arrival.
|General Room Amenities|
|Iron and Ironing Board|
|Bath and/or Shower|
|Size: 1000 sq. ft.|
|Maximum Occupancy: 6|
|Private Occupancy: 4|
Maps, Directions & GPS
1971 Harbour Crescent
Ucluelet, British Columbia
Canada, V0R 3A0
Driving: Check-in is after 4 pm in the Embarc Members Lounge. To find the Lounge:
1. Turn left onto Seaplane Base Road after the Petro-Canada gas station (or across from Howler’s Family Restaurant).
2. Continue to the end of the road then turn right onto Harbour Drive. Keep right at the bend and follow Harbour Drive into the property.
3. Continue past the initial reception building and follow the signs guiding you to the right around the yield sign.
4. From here, you will see our Embarc Member Reception sign leading you up the staircase. We are located above the Aveda/Nurture Day Spa.
Alternate Directions: From Nanaimo (BC Ferry Terminal, estimate 180 km): From BC Ferry Terminal in Nanaimo, follow signs to Memorial Rd/BC-4 W. Follow Highway BC-4 W for 128 km. Turn left onto Tofino Ucluelet Hwy. Continue onto Peninsula Rd. Turn left onto Seaplane Base Rd. Turn right onto Harbour Drive.
Airport name: Vancouver International Airport
Distance to Resort: 295 km
Directions to resort: Get on BC-99 S from Grant McConachie Way E and Sea Island Way. Follow BC-99 S, BC-17A and BC-17 to Duke Point, BC - Tsawwassen, BC in Delta. Take the Duke Point, BC - Tsawwassen, BC ferry to Nanaimo. Take BC-19 N to Memorial Rd/BC-4 W in Nanaimo G. Take exit 60 from BC-19 N. Follow BC-4 W to Harbour Drive in Ucluelet.
Services & Amenities
Parks & Attractions:
Pacific Rim National Park (22.8 km)
The Pacific Rim National Park Reserve of Canada is located just minutes from the outskirts of Ucluelet on Highway 4. Explore hiking trails through rainforests and endless sandy beaches. With sand between your toes, the smell of moss and ferns below towering trees, and opportunities to view wildlife in their natural habitat - a trip to the park is a must when visiting Ucluelet.
Wild Pacific Trail (2.3 km)
Enjoy spectacular views of the rocky shoreline, Barkley Sound and the Broken Group Islands from this easy to navigate trail. The trail is accessible to all ages and abilities. Benches are provided at several points along the trail.The hiking trails are designed to expose visitors to the miles of shoreline while preventing any damage to the fragile environment, so no bikes, horses or motorized vehicles are permitted on the trails. The result? A breathtakingly quiet experience!
Ucluelet Aquarium (1.9 km)
Ucluelet is home to a “catch and release” aquarium. Starfish, clams, green surf anemones, Californian sea cucumbers, rock fish, jelly fish, even giant Pacific Octopuses (a baby one of course), are just a few examples of the fascinating marine life you could see at the Ucluelet Aquarium. The creatures on display are gathered from local waters near Ucluelet and are released back into the wild at the end of each season.
News & Events
Scheduled Power Outage
On Sunday March 3rd , BC Hydro will switch off all power in Ucluelet and the surrounding areas for about 8 hours for work related to the Kennedy Hill Safety Improvement Project. To keep the crews and the public safe, power must be switched off while this important work is completed. Work will commence at 9am until 5pm.
Highway 4 Road Conditions
Highway 4, Ucluelet’s only highway in and out of town, will be undergoing construction for the next couple years. This project anticipated start date is March 2018 and reach completion by Summer 2020. At times, there will be full road closures and single lanes available, affecting the guest traveling experience. Before you travel, please visit www.drivebc.ca for the current road conditions.
The check-in office is located in the Members Lounge. The hours of operation for the Members Lounge are 9am-7pm daily. The Members Lounge is located around the corner from Water's Edge Reception, just above Nurture Day Spa. As access to the Members Lounge involves a flight of stairs, we ask those with limited mobility or difficulty managing stairs to please contact the resort in advance so an alternative check-in experience can be arranged. If you anticipate an after-hours arrival please contact the resort in advance to request a lock box code.
Boats, Trailers and Motorhomes
Please note that boats, trailers, and motorhomes are not permitted on the Water’s Edge property. Please contact our Member’s Lounge in advance to request information on properties in our area that may be able to accommodate your vehicle during your stay.
|Check in time: 16:00|
|Check out time: 11:00|
|You Need To Know|
Prior to checking in:
- For the safety and security of all guests, photo identification and a credit card for preauthorization are required as part of the check-in process.
- Check-ins take place in the Embarc Members Lounge. The lounge is located around the corner from Water's Edge Reception, and above the Nurture Day Spa.
- As the Members Lounge is up a flight of stairs, we kindly ask guests with limited mobility, or those who have trouble with stairs, to contact us in advance so an alternate check-in experience can be arranged. - Smoking is only permitted in designated areas on the property. Please note these designated areas are outdoors and do not include Vacation Homes or patios.
- Embarc is a pet-free environment. Aside from seeing-eye, certified medical, and service assistance animals with proper documentation, pets are not permitted within the Vacation Homes.
If you plan to visit the Pacific Rim National Park or the neighboring town of Tofino during your stay, then we recommend either a personal or rental vehicle.
- Please Note: The Front Desk hours have changed. Beginning September 27, 2017, the Front Desk will be open daily from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm The Front Desk will have modified hours on September 22, 25, & 26 and be open for check-ins from 10 am to 6 pm If you anticipate an after-hours arrival on one of these days, please contact the Member’s Lounge in advance.
Facilities are available for day use purchase. If you are not staying at the resort, but are interested in using the facilities, please contact Reception the morning of the day you would like to request use. If available and after paying the current day use fee, you and up to five others may take advantage of the common area facilities for the day. Reception will provide you with the current day use fee. Day use is subject to availability and based upon management's discretion. This privilege is for Embarc members only.
As per Transport Canada and FAA regulations, and to protect the safety and privacy of our members, owners, guests and team members, the operation of unmanned aerial systems and/or drones is prohibited by the general public, including recreational users and hobbyists. These devices may not be launched or operated from any Embarc property. If launched from outside of the resort property, the devices are prohibited from flying over and/or into the resort property boundaries.
Transport Canada Regulations: Drones are prohibited from flying closer than 30 meters from people, animals, buildings, structures, or vehicles if they weigh over 250g up to 1kg and 76 meters if they weigh over 1kg up to 35kg.
FAA Regulations: Any authorized operation of drones must be in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules and regulations, local law enforcement, and US Forest Service rules, as well as those policies separately established by the Resort. These authorizations, regulations and rules generally require an application to the FAA, certification, training, various restrictions, safety and national security clearances, and a specific limited purpose, as well as insurance coverage, indemnification requirements, and waivers and releases of liability.
|Resort Manager: Ashley Ewing|
|Reservations Department: EmbarcUcluelet@diamondresorts.com|
Accessibility Corporate Statement
Diamond Resorts is committed to providing stress-free holidays to our members, owners and guests. We take into consideration the needs of those who have a visual or hearing impairment, or a mobility access requirement.
We have an ongoing program of commitment which consists of:
- Ensuring we comply with the current accessibility legislation.
- Making appropriate enhancements (where possible) to resorts and resort plans.
- Offering a wide range of accessibility aids.
- Improving internal awareness and training.
- Offering an appointed Accessibility Ambassador in each Resort, to take care and assist our members, owners and guests with accessibility needs.
- Providing accurate information on our website, including information on access, available facilities and accessibility aids.
- Communicating with our members via regular disability forums and surveys to identify areas for improvement.
- Producing compliant literature and communicating within the same guidelines.
*Note: Please bear in mind that accessibility aids may vary from resort to resort.
If you have any questions, or would like to make any comments regarding the above, please get in touch.