Riviera Shores Resort
To contact the resort, please call 1.949.489.5555
Riviera Shores Resort, 34630 Pacific Coast Highway, Capistrano Beach, California, 92624, United States
Find yourself in the middle of Southern California’s beauty at Riviera Shores Resort on Capistrano Beach. Perfectly positioned between lush rolling hills and the glistening coastline, the resort offers spacious accommodations that feature a partial kitchen, an outdoor barbecue and two TVs. Enjoy the resort’s two swimming pools, hot tubs and fitness center, or venture out to one of the nearby beach towns.
Please note: As of February 15, 2018, the city of Dana Point became a smoke-free city, with a ban on smoking within city limits. The city ordinance prohibits all smoking in Dana Point, except in a private home or vehicle. As this resort is located within the city limits, there will not be a designated smoking area on property. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please see the resort team with any questions regarding the city ordinance.
Experiences and Nearby Activities
Onsite Amenities and Activities
Guest Accommodation Information
Please note that for some one bedroom accommodations, the living room and the bedroom are separated by a partial wall. If there are guests occupying both areas of this accommodation, privacy will be limited.
|Maximum Occupancy: 4|
|Private Occupancy: 2|
|General Room Amenities|
Please note that 2 bedroom accommodations do not offer ocean views.
|Maximum Occupancy: 6|
|Private Occupancy: 4|
|General Room Amenities|
Please note that for some one bedroom accommodations, the living room and the bedroom are one combined space. If there are guests occupying both areas of this accommodation, privacy will be limited.
|Two Burner Stove Top|
|DVD Player (available on request)|
|General Room Amenities|
|Iron and Ironing Board|
|Size: 650 sq ft|
|Maximum Occupancy: 4|
|Private Occupancy: 2|
Maps, Directions & GPS
34630 Pacific Coast Highway
Capistrano Beach, California, 92624
Airport: San Diego International Airport
Distance to Resort: 64 miles / 104 km
Directions to Resort: Head west on Airport Terminal Rd. Keep right at the fork. Turn right onto N Harbor Dr. Turn right onto Laning Rd. Turn right onto Rosecrans St. Keep left at the fork. Continue onto Camino Del Rio W. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for I-5/?Los Angeles and merge onto I-5 N. Take exit 79 toward Beach Cities. Merge onto PCH. Take the Doheny Park Road exit toward Capistrano Beach/?Coast Highway S. Turn left onto Doheny Park Rd. Turn right to merge onto CA-1 S/PCH.
Services & Amenities
|Parks & Attractions: Disneyland, Universal Studios, Knott's Berry Farm, Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Wild Rivers Water Park|
|Skiing - Down Hill|
|Table Tennis/Ping Pong|
|Jacuzzi / Hot tub|
|Multiple Swimming Pools|
News & Events
The resort is currently in a transitional phase and has not yet been updated to the branded standards you may have become accustomed to at a DRI property. Please be aware that the resort is undergoing improvements that will continue over the coming 3 years as we work to improve the facility. If you have any questions, please call the resort directly and ask to speak to a manager.
A certain level of noise may be experienced as the resort is situated off a bustling highway and is in close proximity to a railroad.
Please be aware that you will need to cross a nearby pedestrian bridge to access the beach.
No Smoking Ordinance
Effective February, 15th, 2018, the City of Dana Point has instituted a smoking ban throughout the cities of Dana Point and Capistrano Beach. The only places you may legally smoke in either city are in your car or your personal residence. The nearest city to us that allows smoking is San Juan Capistrano which is 1 mile away. The Orange County Sheriff’s Department will be enforcing this code as fines of increasing amounts will be levied for each infraction.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
At Diamond Resorts, the safety of our members, owners, guests and team members is always our top priority. As the situation around the new coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we want to assure everyone that our teams are taking steps to make vacationing with us as safe as possible. For updated information on what we're doing and how our policies have temporarily changed, please visit https://www.diamondresorts.com/covid-19-update. For information about the virus and updated travel alerts, please visit the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/.
Coronavirus (Covid-19): Local Government Face Masks Mandate
By Mandate of the Governor of California – All Californians in indoor spaces, healthcare settings, on public transportation and rideshare vehicles and at workplaces that are visited by the public or where food is prepared for sale or distribution. Masks will also be required outdoors where people cannot maintain a distance of six feet from each other. Children 2 and under, and anyone with a developmental disability that prevents the wearing of a face covering or is hearing impaired and relies on lip reading are exempt. Face coverings are also not required when people are eating or drinking or exercising outdoors, provided they can maintain a distance of at least six feet from people who are not from their households.
Coronavirus: Social Distancing and Day Use Policy
At this time the amenities at all of our the resort are closed in accordance with government guidelines. When the amenities reopen, we will be implementing strict social distancing measures and encouraging guests to remain at least six feet from other groups when using an amenity, such as the pools, spas, adult lounge, family room, kids zone, bicycles, fitness center and business center. Signs will be posted to make guests aware of reduced occupancy numbers and to remind everyone to practice social distancing in all common areas of the resort.
The resort will not honor refunds or compensation due to limited amenities and closures during your stay.
Important Check-In Requirement: To help us keep space between groups and prevent crowding, we ask that you please limit the number of people coming into the lobby for check-in to only the primary guest on the reservation.
Day Use: Following government guidelines and measures to limit occupancy in common areas, we will not be accepting or honoring day use reservations for the remainder of 2020. We appreciate your understanding during this unprecedented time.
|Check in time: 16:00|
|Check out time: 10:00|
|You Need To Know|
Prior to checking in:
- Resort front desk is open 24 hours a day.
- All Guest Suites are Non-Smoking
- Please note that every attempt will be made to accommodate requests for suite location and early arrivals; however, these requests are based on availability and occupancy. Unfortunately, the resort is unable to guarantee room location.
- Minimum age requirement for check-in is 18 years of age.
- Pets are not permitted and strictly enforced with the exception of Service Animals.
- Only one vehicle per accommodation may be parked in underground garages. Additional vehicles must be parked outdoors or off-site.
When checking in:
- Hotel Guests and Exchange Reservation: A photo identification, credit card for $200 security deposit and a nightly $19.95 plus tax resort fee will be required (cash is not an acceptable form of deposit). Resort Fee includes access to fitness center, dry sauna, complimentary bike rental and billiards, beach front swimming pool, Jacuzzi and parking, business center computer/internet and boarding pass printing.
- Owner Weeks and Member Points Booking: Photo identification and a form of payment will need to be provided at check-in. Resort fees* will be waived when staying on your owner week or member point reservations. A resort fee of $19.95 plus tax per night will be added to the reservation if the owner or member of THE Club® is checking in on a rental reservation.
|Resort Manager: Joe Emma|
|Reservations Department: email@example.com|
|Rental Phone: 1.800.438.2929|
Accessibility Corporate Statement
Diamond Resorts is committed to providing stress-free holidays to our members, owners and guests. We take into consideration the needs of those who have a visual or hearing impairment, or a mobility access requirement.
We have an ongoing program of commitment which consists of:
- Ensuring we comply with the current accessibility legislation.
- Making appropriate enhancements (where possible) to resorts and resort plans.
- Offering a wide range of accessibility aids.
- Improving internal awareness and training.
- Offering an appointed Accessibility Ambassador in each Resort, to take care and assist our members, owners and guests with accessibility needs.
- Providing accurate information on our website, including information on access, available facilities and accessibility aids.
- Communicating with our members via regular disability forums and surveys to identify areas for improvement.
- Producing compliant literature and communicating within the same guidelines.
*Note: Please bear in mind that accessibility aids may vary from resort to resort.
We have ADA amenities available. For any guests needing assistance, or if you have any questions/comments regarding the above, please contact us at: