Turtle Cay Resort
Turtle Cay Resort, 600 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, Virginia, 23451, United States
The greatest draw to Virginia Beach is, of course, the shimmering sand and the sparkling salt water, but this destination hotspot also boasts one of the best boardwalks! The 3-mile long boardwalk has shops, restaurants and cafés to entertain the whole family. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, vendors rent beach chairs, umbrellas, and even cabanas, so you have everything you need for a relaxing beachside getaway. And forget lugging those toys to the beach for the kids, there are several beach parks and playgrounds right on the sand, including JT’s Grommet Island, a 100% accessible oceanfront park.Located on the quieter, south end of the beach, Turtle Cay Resort features studio rooms and the most spacious one- and two-bedroom suites on the beach. Retreat from the crowds and enjoy access to the resort’s private courtyard featuring two outdoor pools, two hot tubs and a gazebo. Spend the day basking in the coastal sunshine while reading or just enjoying the tranquil sights and sounds from the resort’s nine-foot waterfall.Please note this resort has limited availability.
No accommodation information is available at this time.
Maps, Directions & GPS
600 Atlantic Avenue
Virginia Beach, Virginia, 23451
Airport name: Norfolk International Airport
Distance to Resort: 19.7 miles (25 min.)
Directions to resort: Get on I-64 E from Norview Ave. Take I-264 E/Norfolk Virginia Beach Expy/Virginia Beach Expy to Atlantic Avenue at 21st street. Make a right on Atlantic Avenue and travel south. Resort is at 6th Street and Atlantic Avenue.
Services & Amenities
|Charter Fishing Yachts|
|Jet Ski Rentals|
|Parks & Attractions: Busch Gardens Williamsburg|
|Swimming with Dolphins|
|Nearby Services - 5 Miles/8 Kilometers|
|ATM / Banking|
|Kennel: Town and Country Pet Spa www.townandcountrypetspa.com 757.401.8662|
|Cash machine / Banking|
|Details: One pool has zero depth entry|
|Multiple Swimming Pools|
|Outdoor Heated Pool|
|Outdoor Hot Tub(s)|
News & Events
|24 hour reception|
|Check In Day: Friday/Saturday/Sunday|
|Check in time: 16:00|
|Check out time: 10:00|
|You Need To Know|
Prior to checking in:
Please note this resort has limited availability.
The resort is located one block from ocean.
When checking in:
- Hotel Guests and Exchange Reservation: A photo identification, credit card for $100 security deposit and a daily $5.00 plus tax resort fee will be required (cash is not an acceptable form of deposit).
Resort Fee includes WiFi, local calls, and use of the pool.
- Owner Weeks and Member Points Booking: Photo identification and a form of payment will need to be provided at check-in. Resort fees* will be waived when staying on your owner week or member point reservations.
A resort fee of $5.00 plus tax per night will be added to the reservation if the owner or member of THE Club® is checking in on a rental reservation.
Daily Cleans can be scheduled at an additional cost.
|Resort Manager: Joan Waite-Bulgin|
|Rental E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Reservations Department: email@example.com|
|Number of Accommodations: 124|
|Number of Floors: 3|
|Highlights: Courtyard pool area|
Accessibility Corporate Statement
Diamond Resorts International® is committed to providing stress-free holidays to our members, owners and guests. We take into consideration the needs of those who have a visual or hearing impairment, or a mobility access requirement.
We have an ongoing program of commitment which consists of:
- Ensuring we comply with the current accessibility legislation.
- Making appropriate enhancements (where possible) to resorts and resort plans.
- Offering a wide range of accessibility aids.
- Improving internal awareness and training.
- Offering an appointed Accessibility Ambassador in each Resort, to take care and assist our members, owners and guests with accessibility needs.
- Providing accurate information on our website, including information on access, available facilities and accessibility aids.
- Communicating with our members via regular disability forums and surveys to identify areas for improvement.
- Producing compliant literature and communicating within the same guidelines.
*Note: Please bear in mind that accessibility aids may vary from resort to resort.
If you have any questions, or would like to make any comments regarding the above, please get in touch.