At Diamond Resorts, the safety of our members, owners, guests and team members is always our top priority. As the situation around the new coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we want to assure everyone that our teams are taking the necessary steps to ensure vacationing with us is as safe as possible. Since this began, we have continued to welcome members, owners and guests to our resorts around the world, and are pleased to continue doing just that. But we also recognize the seriousness of this situation and as such, we are temporarily changing some of our policies to provide flexibility during this time of uncertainty.
We are closely following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), and are taking precautions to protect the health and wellbeing of everyone at our resorts, including:
- Undergoing enhanced cleanings at the resorts, with a special focus on public areas and the accommodations
- Increasing the frequency of cleanings, especially on frequently touched surfaces, such as doors, counter tops and furniture
- Providing additional trainings for team members on washing and sanitation techniques
- Using recommended disinfectant cleaning wipes at the check-in areas
- Offering additional hand sanitizing gels around the resorts
We know that our members, owners and guests want options right now. We will continue to waive cancellation restrictions or penalties for those staying in or traveling from areas affected by government-mandated travel restrictions. At this time, cancellation waivers are in place for the following areas:
- Asia through March 31, 2020: China, South Korea and Iran
- Europe through April 12, 2020: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland
As everyone’s circumstances are different, we are also offering members, owners and guests scheduled to arrive at any Diamond Resorts managed property before April 30, 2020, the option to change or modify any reservation without penalty up to 24 hours before scheduled arrival.
Following guidance from health officials, we are rescheduling an Events of a Lifetime® member cruise and making adjustments to our Diamond Live shows to protect our artists, members and guests.
Note: Guests who booked through an online travel agent or other third party, such as Booking.com, should contact their booking provider for information on their policies and for assistance.
At Diamond Resorts, we take pride in providing exceptional vacation experiences to everyone. Our teams are available to answer any questions.
Additionally, you can find updated information about COVID-19 and travel guidance on the CDC’s website at: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/. And the CDC’s guidance on cruise ship travel can be found here: www.cdc.gov/travel/page/covid-19-cruise-ship.
Thank you for your trust and support, and we look forward to welcoming you home soon.