Now that the holiday season is over and you have a little time for a breather, it’s the perfect time to plan your next vacation. And you probably need one!Read More
Q: Our vacation is coming up and it is going to be my first time traveling with our young daughter. She can get fussy – any tips to make the flight go smoothly for her?
- Some airlines allow children 2 and under to sit on their parents lap, but I am not a proponent of that.
- The safest way for babies and young children to travel is in their own car seats attached to their own plane seat.
Holiday time means family, food and fun … right? If you secretly dread the holidays, you’re not alone! The pressure from the regular stresses of managing a hectic home and work schedule for you and your family seem to get magnified during the holiday season. Here are some things that may help:Read More
It’s the holiday season again, and a time when we think about what really matters for our happiness and well-being. Taking time out from working and shopping and spending it with people we care about is the best thing we can do during the holiday season. Remember to “Give the gift of time!” That’s our motto for the season!Read More
On September 1, 2015, Cabo Azul Resort & Spa in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico was re-opened following renovations to the resort due to damages from Hurricane Odile last year.
Members and guests can once again enjoy this Cabo hotspot - the impressive oceanfront tri-level infinity pool with thatched roof swim-up bar offering a wide variety of beverages and serenity pool with new cocoons and lounge chairs. The new Beach Club features beachfront cabanas, an outdoor shower as well as a food and beverage bar with wood decking providing convenient access to the beach.Read More
In order to deliver the memorable vacation experiences that their members, owners and guests deserve, Diamond Resorts International® created the Vacations for Life® Summer Family Fun program, offering an assortment of family-friendly activities during the summer months in the U.S., Mexico, Caribbean and Europe – and it was a smashing success!Read More
When you are traveling, make sure potentially misplaced items will be returned by marking everything with your name and where you are staying. You can use a business card, if you have one, or just a plain piece of paper. You should...Read More
As we head into the end of another year, it’s time to take a closer look at the erosion of vacation time in the United States.
Americans have the dubious distinction of taking the shortest vacations in the industrialized world, when they get them at all. We pride ourselves on our hard work, but we forget that we are not machines. We need to rest and recharge our batteries to perform at our best, both at work and in the other aspects of our lives.Read More
Wellness is no longer a trend; it needs to be a way of life. Despite the fact that we are living longer we are still plagued by "lifestyle" diseases, caused by our poor eating habits and our stressful sedentary lifestyles. So many of my patients report they have no time to take care of themselves due to their hectic home life and work schedules. That is why vacations are the perfect choice to kick-start your health. Who wants to come home from a vacation five pounds heavier and feeling sluggish? Vacations should make you feel energized and revitalized.Read More
Regular vacations can prevent a heart attack
- It is well known that stress contributes to heart disease. Over time, chronic stress from the competing demands of your work, finances and home life takes its toll.
- Stress can contribute to heart disease and high blood pressure, which can cause a heart attack.
- In addition, depression is also linked to heart disease and stress.
- Neuroscientists have found that the brain structure is actually altered by chronic exposure to the stress hormone cortisol, which can be a major contributing factor to anxiety and depression.
- According to the Nielsen Research Study (December 2013) commissioned by Diamond Resorts International®, over three-quarters of respondents reported feeling happier when they vacationed regularly.