At Diamond Resorts, the safety and well-being of our members, owners, guests and team members is of utmost concern. We remain diligent in our commitment to provide a safe, hospitable environment for all who visit our properties. Please read below for the latest developments relating to Diamond and our response to COVID-19.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Certain destinations may require proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test for access to local restaurants, tourist spots and on-site amenities, such as gyms and other common areas. Additional local restrictions regarding capacity and crowd size may also be enforced. As this is an evolving situation, we highly recommend you become familiar with all applicable health and government mandates before you travel to understand any requirements or restrictions that may affect your vacation experience.
For additional local resources, visit the following websites (click to open):
- United States
Important Travel Protocols
Travelers Entering the U.S.
As of June 10, 2021, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requires all international air passengers ages 2 and up, including fully vaccinated travelers, to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test before boarding a plane to the Unites States that is collected no more than 3 days before their flight's departure or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in the past 3 months. The documentation must come from a licensed health care provider or public health official, stating that the passenger has been cleared for travel. Fully vaccinated travelers should continue to follow the CDC's recommendations for traveling safely. For more information, visit the CDC website, visit the CDC website at www.cdc.gov.
Additional information about specific destinations and their current COVID-19 testing protocols is below (click to expand).
The Governor of Hawaii has announced that starting July 8, 2021, fully vaccinated visitors from the continental U.S. no longer have to submit negative COVID-19 tests prior to arrival. Visitors are asked to upload their CDC-issued vaccination card to travel.hawaii.gov and must carry the hardcopy of their vaccination card with them while traveling. Travelers may also be asked for proof of vaccine by airlines.
Visitors who are not fully vaccinated must continue to follow the Safe Travels pre-travel test process and submit their negative test results to avoid the 10-day self-quarantine. Visitors who are not fully vaccinated and do not submit negative test results will be required to self-quarantine for 10 days upon arrival. The state of Hawaii will ONLY accept a Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) from specified testing partners. For a list of state-approved testing partners please visit hawaiicovid19.com.
As you plan your next trip, you should be aware of the government-mandated travel restrictions currently in place for all visitors to St. Maarten:
- Prior to your arrival, the government requires a PCR test for all travelers age 11 and older to be completed 120 hours (5 days) in advance of your arrival to the island. Please note, if there are any delays in your flight that result in your test being outside of the 120-hour window, you will not be allowed to board the flight, or disembark the aircraft in St. Maarten if you were already on the flight. It is therefore recommended to plan for at least 24 hours leeway regarding the timing of your PCR test.
- Prior to traveling to St. Maarten, you will be required to complete an online Immigration Health Certificate and upload a copy of your COVID-19 test results. You will then receive an e-mail notification telling you whether your application has been accepted and if you are cleared for travel. Please refer to the following website for complete details: www.stmaartenehas.com.
- Upon checking in at the airport, the desk agent will ask you to provide your Immigration Health Certificate and COVID-19 test results documents. All passengers will be subject to temperature checks and other screening protocols.
- Travelers, for 14 consecutive days, are required to conduct self-monitoring of body temperature and possible flu like symptoms. Travelers will receive an automated daily email alert providing a link for submitting the required information online. If you are visiting for less than 14 days, you will have to submit information for the duration of your stay on the island.
Because entry requirements may be subject to change, we encourage you to please visit www.sintmaartengov.org/coronavirus for the latest information and guidelines for travelers.
Cabo Azul Resort:
Rapid antigen testing is available on-site, by appointment only, Monday to Saturday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Guests must contact the Front Desk to schedule their appointment. The test costs $40 USD per person ($845.26 pesos). Guests with positive results will be notified within a 4-hour time frame and must follow the resort’s quarantine procedures. Guests with negative results will be informed within 24-hours and can receive a printed document upon checkout.
Sea of Cortez Beach Club:
As most foreign visitors fly into and out of Hermosillo there currently is no COVID-19 testing at the airport. Antigen COVID-19 rapid tests are available at Laboratorio Ramos in Guaymas, which is approximately 18 miles from the resort, or about a 30-minute drive. Results are provided on the same day. The test costs $80 USD per person ($1,500 pesos). Payment can be made by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or cash (pesos only). Lab hours are Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m.; Saturday, 6:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Appointments are not required. The lab recommends that the best times to take the antigen tests are between 6:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. or 3:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. The front desk will provide lab information such as a phone number and driving directions; as well as offer any translation assistance that may be needed.
Click here for test sites and costs.
Reservation Options in North America
Diamond Resorts understands that these uncertain times call for additional flexibility, and we continue to take steps to offer you options with your membership.
Members scheduled to arrive at any Diamond Resorts managed property in North America can cancel any reservation up to the date of arrival without penalty due to any local, state or federal mandated closures. We will continue to evaluate this policy and adjust as necessary as the situation evolves. If a reservation is canceled due to the criteria outlined here, all points used at booking will be released back to the member’s account.
Reservation Options for the European Collection
At this time, we are assessing the travel climate in Europe to determine the best way to adjust our cancellation policy for our European members. Currently, our cancellation policy permits European members to cancel any reservation at a European Diamond Resorts managed property up to 15 days prior to arrival without any penalties. For reservations canceled within the time frame outlined here, all points used at booking will be released back to the member’s account.
If you have questions about your upcoming reservation, please contact your Club Member Services team for assistance.
While we are dedicated to assisting all members, owners and guests as quickly as possible, all of our call centers are experiencing unusually long hold times.
Guests who booked through an online travel agent or other third party, such as Booking.com, should contact their booking provider for information on their policies and for assistance.
We ask that Owners and Guests follow local and other applicable regulations as it relates to the use of face coverings and other health requirements.
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
We are closely following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), and are taking precautions to protect the health and well-being of everyone at our resorts, including:
- Undergoing enhanced cleanings at the resorts, with a special focus on public areas and the accommodations
- Increasing the frequency of cleanings, especially on frequently touched surfaces, such as doors, counter tops and furniture
- Providing additional trainings for team members on washing and sanitation techniques
- Using recommended disinfectant cleaning wipes at the check-in areas
- Offering additional hand sanitizing gels around the resorts
As the guidelines for COVID-19 continue to change, we ask that Owners and Guests follow local and state regulations as it relates to face coverings and CDC requirements.
Learn more about our updated Standard of Clean protocols at: https://www.diamondresorts.com/standard-of-clean
Official COVID-19 Resources
We encourage you, your families and all guests to follow the CDC’s guidelines on how to take precautionary steps to mitigate possible transmissions of the virus, including frequently washing your hands, not touching your face and avoiding travel to affected areas if you are at high risk.
In addition, many healthcare officials and state governments have stated that it is advisable to avoid crowded places where transmissions could occur more easily. If you believe you are feeling ill, we encourage you to see your medical healthcare provider.
- For information about COVID-19, including symptoms, refer to the resources provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- For information on travel advisories and restrictions, including a map of impacted travel locations, visit the U.S. Department of State ― Travel Advisories page.
- As of February 1, 2021, the CDC has issued a federal transportation mask mandate requiring all passengers to wear masks on public conveyances and transit hubs, including airports, airplanes, ships, ferries, taxis, ride-share vehicles (i.e. Uber, Lyft), buses, trains and subways. Not wearing a mask as instructed while commuting on public transportation is a violation of federal law. For more information on federal mask mandates, visit CDC.gov – Mask Travel Guidance.
At Diamond Resorts, we take pride in providing exceptional vacation experiences to everyone. Our teams are available to answer any questions.
Thank you for your trust and support, and we look forward to welcoming you home soon.
The Club Members:
- US: 877.287.2218
- EU/UK: 0800 358 6995
- US: 1.800.463.7256
- EU/UK: 0345 359 0005
Diamond Resorts and Hotels Guests:
- US: 1.800.438.2929
- EU/UK: 0800 358 6991